Monday, November 21, 2005

Thanksgiving

I hit the 20 lb. total loss mark this week at WW. And, for passing my first goal, I got this cool metal keychain. It is shaped like a lock, which I think is supposed to symbolize the fact that I have unlocked the secret to weight loss, or some such thing. It was kind of cool to get. I think I will be happy if I just don't gain any weight this week. I have Thanksgiving coming up this week AND I went to Seattle on Saturday and had Pad Thai PLUS ordered a piece of cheesecake to take home. I have been allowing myself four bites of it per day until it is gone. I am hoping by spreading it out during the week, it won't be so bad. But, I am already planning/dreading the thought of all the food that will be available to eat on Thursday. Yikes. If I make it without gaining, I'll be pleased.

I have not been feeling well, the last week or so though. Tuesday night I got a sore throat and have been sucking on zinc lozenges and spraying ZiCam (kind of like Airborne) to try to fight it. I have been coughing for several days and it has been interrupting my sleep. I am a zombie at work today for that reason. Thankfully, this is a shortened week at work, due to Thanksgiving. I have Thurs and Fri off this week. Hopefully I can make it until then to recover. On Sat. night I was awake coughing until 3:30 AM and then awake again at 8 coughing some more. I spent all day on the couch yesterday, but got to rent a couple of fun movies and watched the Seattle Seahawks barely squeak by in their win over the San Francisco 49ers in football. It has been a strange illness overall. As I have not been too stuffed up, nor have I been sneezing much. It pretty much went right into my lungs. So, I don't sound too bad, but I am coughing a lot and definately tired.

I did get enough sleep on Friday night that I went up to Seattle on Sat. with roommate Sara and some friends. Yes, I saw "Pride and Prejudice" again. I think I am addicted. Hee! Just kidding! During the previews they showed one for "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" which comes out on Dec. 9. This is one movie I'll probably be seeing on opening day. It just looks fantastic.

I have been wearing my glasses for the last week or so, and it is a great reminder of how thankful I am for contacts. I am wearing them due to an eye appointment I have next week to see if my eyes qualify for LASIK eye corrective surgery. I am looking into having this done in January so I can be free from the need for contacts forever! They make you wear glasses for two weeks before your inital consultation because contacts change the shape of your eye significantly enough that it would interfere with the exam. So, I am wearing glasses for two weeks. If I do qualify, I am getting a pretty hefty discount because of my job. They are offering a discount to those of us who have Regence Blue Shield for health insurance. Plus, my job also has something called a personal choice account. Basically, my job will pay for the surgery and I reimburse the county a small amount out of each paycheck. This way, it is paid for up front, and then I just pay it back over the course of a year. Pretty neat deal.

In other non-Erin news, a close friend, and her boyfriend are on a break right now from each other. They love each other, but they are trying to work out some issues that they have personally before moving forward in their relationship. They have been dating for well over a year, and my friend still does not know for sure whether her boyfriend is the one for her. It is interesting to see what is happening here and all the issues that are coming up for my friend. I am learning a lot through her process in figuring things out.

So, in honor of Thanksgiving, I will write a short list of all the things I am thankful for right at this moment (this is not meant to be the ONLY things I am thankful for, just those that pop into my head right now):
Weight Watchers, Pumpkin Cheesecake, DVD players, electricity to run DVD players, roomates Sara and Julie, proper fitting clothes, going an hour without coughing, zinc throat drops, a fall day without rain, watching the leaves turn red orange and yellow, a shortened work week, that I have a job to pay for shortened work week, diet coke, pad thai leftovers, Jane Austen (hee!), snuggly blankets, snuggly cats, contacts, coffee, flanel sheets, and, of course Jesus!
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment