Monday, November 14, 2005

Pride and Prejudice

Have you seen the new version of this movie? It came out in limited release this weekend, and I just HAD to see it. First of all, I love, love, love the A&E/BBC miniseries version of this movie. Second, it is my British fix for the week (though I have another update on this in a minute). So, it came out in Seattle, and I spent all day Friday trying to find someone to go up and see it with me. Even though I had the day off, a lot of people still had to work, and so, I had to wait for Saturday. And, I must say that I think I liked this version BETTER than the A&E/BBC one!! It was like a freight train, due to the fact that they were trying to fit a five hour movie into two hours. However, I thought the characters were much more realistic and not as over-the-top as the A&E one. I alos felt like they did a better job showing the attraction that the two characters, Lizzie and Mr. Darcy, had for each other from the beginning. I remember halfway through the A&E version saying, "I don't think I even WANT them to get together!" But with this one, you can see from the beginning that at the very least these two people have some very serious chemistry with each other. And, one scene at the end where Mr. Darcy comes upon Lizzie when neither of them can sleep is just heart pounding. The final scene is the best! I can't wait for this to come out in wide-release on the 23rd of this month. For more information on this movie head to http://www.prideandprejudicemovie.net/splash.html and check it out. Just divine.

So, speaking of all things British, I got a call on Sunday from Julie Walton, who had been on the trip to London this summer with me. She proceeded to tell me that one of the kids from this summer, Danny, had gotten saved!!! This kid is, no joking, the kingpin for that neighborhood. That he got saved is like the first domino in a row to fall....watch for all the others to follow. What the Lord is doing in that part of London is just miraculous. I got to hear the message that Danny and Andrew (the youth pastor) left for Julie and we just both started crying. You should have seen me dancing around my house. I think my roommate Julie Smith must have thought I had gone crackers. Great fun.

I still am looking into taking a trip out to London early next year (Feb. or March), but I am wondering if it is truly wise to use my vacation for a "pleasure" trip. The more Brian talks about how we will be/are being sent around the world, I start to wonder if I should save it for a more strategic trip. I will have to do some serious praying about it. If anyone has some wise advice, I'd love to hear it, as I am not sure what to do. Part of me feels like I should go, but part of me is not sure. It is endlessly frustrating to me, and something I regularly have to pray through, that I can't just go when I want. I know I have to work, that is where the Lord has me right now, but boy do I want to be able to just go!!!

Only lost .4 lbs this week at WW. That's OK though, considering the T.O.M. Now fitting into a size Medium shirt. Pretty cool.
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment