Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving Day @ My Parent's


The top picture is me with my mom and dad at their house for Thanksgiving. The bottom one is me at my house. I might upload some more pictures of my house, on the inside later today.

Thanksgiving day was a riot. Had a good time, ate some good food. Can I just say stuffing made from cornbread, pecans and sausage? It was all I could do not to have seconds. Also, had what I am hereby dubbing mashed "fauxtatoes" which was really mashed cauliflower with some other ingredients. It was actually pretty good. If I was more of a mashed potato lover, I might have missed the real thing, but as it was, the "fauxtatoes" were actually pretty good. The turkey was good as well, and I even had a small piece of pumpkin pie. Then, it was time to face the music, and lo and behold, I managed to lose half a pound last week. Not my best week ever, but all things considered...pretty good.

I went and saw "Walk the Line" this weekend, the biography of Johnny Cash, and it was actually pretty good. I thought Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Whitherspoon did a pretty convincing job.

They are talking snow out here tonight, and if I didn't have to work tomorrow, I might be more excited. However, it is really only nice when you get a day off school because of it. Boy, am I turning into my mother.

No other news here, really. Just had a nice, relaxing weekend.
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment