Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Gobble, Gobble

There is the funniest Thanksgiving video here: http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/view.pd?i=382219626&m=1652&rr=y&sou I laughed out loud when I watched it. Speaking of Thanksgiving, I am headed over to mom and dad's in Puyallup tomorrow for the big feast. I had someone ask me at work today what I was going to do regarding food for tomorrow and I have a few plans: 1. Eat only those foods that I can't have any time I want them. Like rolls; I can have those any day, so I will skip them tomorrow. 2. Take a loooong walk tomorrow after dinner. 3. Eat only small amounts of the unhealthy stuff. 4. Eat very lightly, but eat, earlier in the day. Hopefully those tips will keep me on track.

I got an email from pastor Brian yesterday. I had emailed him about the possibility of us partnering with YWAM in the UK. It turns out I might be able to make it back there more than one time this upcoming year. In Harpenden, just north of London, YWAM has a Discipleship Training School (one of 40, if I am not mistaken) and they want a group from our church to come for a week in January to teach and pray with their students. That is an option. Then, in May, ChristChurch Fulham (the church I worked with this summer) is putting on a leadership conference and we might work with them then. So, that is an option too. I am not yet sure I can make it to the YWAM base in January, due to lack of vacation. However, if I cut my "just-for-me" trip in February to a week instead of two or go for the week in Jan. instead of Feb., I can swing the May trip. We'll just have to see. I can't buy my ticket to London for a while yet anyway (whether I go in Jan. or Feb.) which gives me enough time to figure out when I should be going, and which trips I should be going on. I would love, love, love to go in January, I just don't know if I'll have the time to do it. Maybe I could go in January briefly, skip the Feb. trip, and then go again in May. So many options. Regardless, I think whatever I end up doing, I will only go for a week this winter instead of two. That way I can save the rest of the vacation to go again later in the year. I just want to do the right thing. If I DO go in January, I would love to add a day or two onto my trip to head down to London to see folks at ChristChurch. We'll just have to see. Please pray that I would hear clearly what the Lord's will for these trips is. Right now I am leaning towards the Jan. trip, skipping the Feb. trip, and then going again in May. If anyone prayes and the Lord shows them anything, please email me and let me know.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, to all of my American friends!
Erin

1 comment:

  1. wow - EO - that is pretty random funny weird good, huh!

    i love you and am praying for you. and i miss you. i wish you were coming HERE in Feb to ski.

    Today i bought a bridesmaid dress for leah's wedding. its pretty but also pretty expensive.

    ReplyDelete