Thursday, November 03, 2005

Random Update

Have you ever spent an hour and half by the side of the road waiting for a tow truck? That was my day yesterday. I got in my car to head off to a class I am taking one day a week and as I pulled away, the car was acting funny. I thought it was just cold and needed a little warm-up driving. And so, I drove it to Starbucks with it kicking and sputtering all the way. Then a little light on the dash started blinking at me and telling me "I'm not happy."

So after getting a latte (very important business) I pulled out my owners manual and it said to call the service department if the light is flashing. So, as I drove my protesting car away from Starbucks, the guy at the service station on my cell phone is telling me "if you are too far away to drive it in, pull it over now and call a tow truck. You shouldn't be driving it." And so, I called roadside assistance and was assured that my tow truck would be arriving shortly. An hour and a half later, it finally showed up. Now, I wasn't THAT far from my house, and if I'd known it was going to take that long, I would have just crept my way back home and waited for the truck there.

And so, what do you do in a car for an hour and a half. I sang, while practicing opening my mouth wide, returned some phone calls, and just generally sat there. Not so fun. At least the car didn't have a major thing wrong with it and it was still under warranty.

I am also experiencing a strange phenomenon.....getting hit on. This hasn't happened to me a lot, but recently, it's been happening more and more. I just don't really what to do when it happens. Anyone out there with some ideas?
Erin

1 comment:

  1. wow. thats exciting news all around. getting hit on? I wish I had some wisdom to tell you, but maybe we can find some in SOlomon's writings? Something about how a woman smiles demurely and waits to respond? I have no idea. Maybe I'll be in this dilemma someday and then (thankfully) you'll be able to counsel me!

    ReplyDelete