Wednesday, August 03, 2005

What to say?

Had a fun night last night. There are four girls in town from DC specifically to be prayed over and it was a privledge to be able to hang out with them and get to know them along with my friends Michelle and Chantel. They had a lot of questions about what the prayer time might be like, what the Lord has done in our lives through similar prayer times, and things like that.

And, you know how I loooove talking. And so, I just found myself talking a lot. After I got home last night, and I was thinking back on the conversation, I just realized how often conversations like that (where there is opportunity to teach someone something I know) are so often about me in reality. Even if I am talking about the Lord, in my heart of hearts, I think I like the attention I get by having a captive audience. Terrible. And so, I just had to confess my own pride and need for approval.

These girls are great, though. We went to The Ram on the waterfront and ate dinner and just talked for like three hours. Very fun. Then, they left, and I stayed behind for another birthday party for a new gal at our church who is just getting to know people. I got home from my loooong night at The Ram at about 10. Boy was I tired, and boy, am I tired today. And, I still have packing to do for my trip, but have a meeting tonight and a class tomorrow night. Hoo boy.
Loves to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment