Monday, August 22, 2005

The busiest weekend in history (at least for me)

I have just had quite possibly the busiest weekend in history.....at least the busiest one that did not involve ministry.

Friday night started out with a sailing on a tall ship with a group of folks who have been involved with the children's ministry at NewSong. I didn't take any pictures, but I think I might be able to get copies and try to post them later. It was so relaxing and I got to climb up to the top of the crow's nest. Several people jumped off and into the Sound. I had many nice conversations and got to share some of my trip with others. I also had a loooong conversation with a friend Jamie about his trip to Europe last winter.

Saturday, Michelle's going away party. Fantastic food at Gateway to India, and then fellowship at her place.

Sunday, Wild Waves with Cynthia, Jaime, Bethany, Brian and Sean. Church at night. I got home last night exhausted.

I have also had a some more time to process through my trip and I have come to some conclusions. First, I think what was so life changing for me is how effective and significant I felt. For someone who has struggled to feel as though I am making a difference in ministry, I felt for the first time in a long time so ALIVE in my ministry.....there was such fruit from it. I think I also felt like I was walking fully in my calling while there. The Lord has said that I am a visionary, strategist and foundation layer. And that is exactly what I did there. I helped lay the foundations of a ministry, helped to give it vision and strategy. Those terms can seem so vague and general, but I got to visibly see them come to be. Being at the forefront of the ministry was just so rewarding for me. I think the only thing that would have made it more complete would have been to be there with a husband. But nothing was taken away by the fact that he is not here yet.

I have also realized how much I want to work with the youth here in Tacoma. I don't have to go to London to work with youth. I am not sure how that all works out with the fact that I am discipling a couple of women right now too. The Lord will work it out.

Talk to you all later!
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment