Friday, August 26, 2005

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Breakthrough

I was thinking this morning on my way into work (seems to be a theme with me.....I tend to have nice chats with the Lord on my way into work) just how much breakthrough you can have when things are going well. I realized that I tend to believe that breakthrough only comes through trial and heartache.

Here's my example: I am heading into new territory in my relationships...both with friends and with men. And, as I am having great gains, I am realizing just how fearful I am, and just how many lies about myself I have been believing. I have realized as I am pushing forward into life-giving relationships, that I am having victory in more ways than I realized.

I think in the past I would have thought breakthrough would come after areas of sin start affecting me in negative ways. I have thought that my own repentance comes after negative consequences to my sin. That is, that I am only capable of repentance after my sin starts to visibly hurt me. However, the Lord in His grace and mercy is allowing me to press forward into breakthrough NOT out of negative consequences, but rather He is showing me my sin through a time of great breakthrough and significance.

I am afraid, and I don't fully believe I am a woman worthy to be loved, BUT my eyes are opened to these lies not through a time of breaking, but a time of healing. How merciful and great our God is to allow me to learn these lessons in such a kind way.

No comments:

Post a Comment