Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Beautiful

Did you ever just think about how beautiful the Lord sees you? I have been thinking about this a lot lately with the reading of the book "Captivating." It talks a lot about how much the Lord delights in us as women! This is such an area that the enemy attacks us women, and it causes us such self-focus instead of focusing on the Lord and others. Any woman who has ever battled body image issues knows what I am talking about. We curse ourselves by declaring how "ugly" or "fat" we are. As though there were some standard of perfection that the Lord had in mind when He created woman. And really, when we say those things about ourselves, or look at other women critically, we are basically calling God a liar! Saying that we know better than He does about the worth of whoever we are talking about.

One of the passages in the book quots a section of Isaiah 62. I think I realized for the first time that when the Lord goes on and on in the word about how much He loves, delights in, rejoices over, and is passionate about Israel---He is really talking about US! It has radically changed how I read many of the Old Testament books.

It inspired me to take the words of the verse and put it into song form:

I am called by a new name
The Lord has bestowed.
A crown of splendor
"My delight is in her"
In the hand of my God

Chorus:
My God, my God has saved me
My, King, my King I praise thee
I will no be quiet
I will not be silent
Of the works of my God

No longer am I deserted
For the Lord delights in me.
A righteousness that shines
As first light from the dawn
He has created within me.

Chorus repeat

He rejoices over me with singing
A pursuit of a groom for His bride.
He lifts me up
Restores my glory
And my reward will be with Him.

Chorus repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment