Friday, December 02, 2005

Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful...




But the fire is so delightful, and since we've no place to go....let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

I left church last night and this is what greeted me for my drive home! It was quite a fun challenge to drive up the hill from downtown Tacoma in my little VW Jetta. I made it home, and couldn't help taking some pictures of my back yard, out the window, of course! Every school district in Pierce County, with the exception of one, is closed today. I rolled into work about half an hour late because I had to drive so slowly to get in. They expect it to melt during the day today, but it is fun to see.

Choir practice after church last night was amazing. We are sounding so great! Just in time for our Dec. 18th Christmas program. It is an hour and a half program. I am worried about memorizing all of the songs PLUS my part. Please pray that the Lord would supernaturally re-wire my brain to remember the words as well as the tune. It is pretty new for me to remember a part as well as the words. Only two of the songs we sing are familiar to me.

I also had some pretty good breakthrough in my singing lessons this week. Gretchen had me sing "Silent Night" and I was not singing loud enough. So, she had me sing it as loud as I could and as off key as I could. Then, she said, combine the volume and actually try. And! Voila! Out came a nice sound! I am not at the point where I sing and those nice wobbly sounds come out (do you know what I am talking about?). I don't even know how to make my voice do that. But, it is sounding much better.

The house is mostly decorated for Christmas. I spent a good amount of time last weekend getting stuff out for the house. I just need to get a tree and decorate it for the house to be "complete." I just LOVE this time of the year! Add in a dash of snow, and you have perfection!

I am up for a busy weekend. Tonight I am going to a youth outreach event that the church is putting on, then tomorrow, WW meeting, getting a tree, and then an evening with my good friend Michelle who is in town from the "other" Washington (DC). Sunday, a class at church from 1-3 and then church at 5. Looks like another packed weekend! Have a good one yourself.
Erin

1 comment:

  1. 1) I can't believe y'all have snow. we have zippo, none, zilch. very sad. (though since I sometimes have to park out back and leave at 6am.... that part's not bad)
    2) I didn't know you had a solo or something in the performance - email me about it!!!
    3) i miss you! got a christmas present for you today. i think i'll mail a box to bethany or you and have you give the present to the other one (while keeping yours).

    love, tiff

    ReplyDelete