Monday, December 19, 2005

The Answer was Born Today

We had our first-ever Christmas program last night, and I must say, we ROCKED. It is not yet up on the Newsong City Central Church website to listen to, but once it is up, you must go listen to it. I myself am planning on listening to it when I get a chance. We sang all original music except for four songs (Go Tell it on the Mountain, Breath of Heaven, Oh Come All Ye Faithful, and Joy to the World). People were actually weaping, especially during the title song "The Answer Was Born Today." People were getting up out of their seats, clapping and singing along with us. There were at least a dozen salvations. It was incredible. It was electrifying. The glory fell. We rocked!

It was so fun to be involved in the choir. As much as I manifested frustration and anger through the process, and as much time as we gave for practices, it was so worth it in the end. Isn't that always how it is in ministry? It feels like we spiritually gave birth to something. Like having a baby: the labor is hard and painful, but after it is all over, and you can see and hold what you have waited for, and planned for, it is all worth it. And, I would say that for this as well. My parents got to come, which was neat. I'll try to post more later.
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment