Tuesday, September 06, 2005

WW here I come

Had my first Weight Watchers meeting this weekend. I am going to do a plan called flex points. Basically, based on weight you are given a certain number of points each day. Every food you eat has is worth a certain amount of points and your goal is to stay within the points each day. As you lose weight, your total points are adjusted downward. Some foods are worth zero points, and you can eat as much of them as you wish (mostly vegetables). So, for the last three days, I have been munching on more vegetables than I ever thought I would. I feel pretty good. Not too hungry, but hungry enough that I need to eat every few hours. I am just being forced to plan ahead a lot more and think "do I really want to waste X points on THAT?" But, if I did want to waste points on something, I could.

What I like about this plan is that nothing is off limits. You just have to stay within your points limit. They also give you 35 "bonus" points each week. This can be used a couple of ways. On days when you are extra hungry, you can dip into these points if you've already gotten to your points limit. OR, if something special is coming up (a holiday, birthday etc.) you can use the points to splurge on something you wouldn't normally be able to have (piece of cake, cookies, etc). So far, I have been dipping into those points for daily extras like a snack at night. It has been my life saver. If I didn't have those extra points, I would surely not be able to stay on this. I'd be hungry all the time. Or, I'd be starving at night when I'd used up my points. Anyway. Only 39 more pounds to go :0()
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment