Friday, September 16, 2005

Under the Weather

Feeling a little "under the weather" the last few days. I even missed a day of work yesterday. Probably nothing more than a nasty cold, but sill not feeling well today. I wonder where the term "feeling under the weather" comes from? Have you ever thought about random phrases that we use and ever wondered where they come from?

I spent some time a while ago looking for the origins of "got a bead on it." Never did figure out where that one came from. I got an email once that had the origins of the phrases "bottoms up" and "mind your ps and qs." Interestingly, they both have to do with drinking! Kind of funny how we don't think about stuff like that and just say them. Even when I was in London there were some phrases that we used and they used that didn't translate, or were used here. Like "spot on." Such a British phrase! It would be the equivalent to our phrase "right on."

Weigh-in number two tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. I have not worked out as much this week as last (see first paragraph....). But I also haven't eaten as many points worth of food (again, see first paragraph....). So, we'll have to see how it goes.

Also had our first night back of mid-week church last night after a break of over a month. Such fun to get to know my new group of small group gals. Some testimonies of the gals in my group are just amazing. What I am also excited about is that our group will also be doing some work with the high school team. We will not be leading any high schoolers, in a small group sense, but will be helping to build relationships, and attending functions at the high school and just generally assisting with things. Something I am looking forward to. It is interesting because all four of us who went to London are now in one capacity or another working with the high school group at Newsong. None of the four of us worked with the group before, but now we are.

Anyway, off for the day! Have a wonderful weekend.
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment