Friday, September 09, 2005

Profound thought, not

What I am about to say, for most people, will probably not come as a surprise. But, for me, it is a new concept: losing weight takes work. And, I don't just mean working out, though that is important too. What I have realized in this last week is that I have been looking for the last few years for an easy way to lose weight. There is no such thing. It takes dedication, hard work, and perseverance.

One, to write down EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth so that I can truly see just how much I have been eating.

Two, to recognize that just because I can eat something in one meal does not make that amount a correct portion size.

Three, planning ahead for all meals and snacks makes sticking with things so much easier. "Unintentional" eating happens when I don't plan ahead.

Four, saying no to a piece of cheesecake when it is right in front of you can take a lot of willpower. It helps to remember that cheesecake takes up half my daily points in one sitting and I'll be hungry again in two hours.

Five, I really don't like vegetables that much. I am going to have to learn to like them. They fill me up, are good for me, and help me not to eat so much crap.

That's the profound lessons of this week. I am doing well, and am sticking with the program. I am so thankful to have told so many people about it, though, as it makes the stakes so much higher. I am hoping for a couple of pounds lost at tomorrow's weigh in.
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment