Sunday, April 04, 2010

Blog Recommendation

I have been reading a blog for a while written by a woman in her early 20s who moved to Uganda about two and half years ago.  She moved there and has single-handedly adopted to date 14 orphans there.  She is in a third-world country, basically alone, with 14 kids (most of them special needs).  Reading her blog kills me.  Kills me in a good way.

This particular post, though, particularly struck me.  I have talked about the cost a lot in this blog recently, but I am realizing more and more that I have NO IDEA what it means to truly lose my life for the sake of Christ.  She really has given up everything for those kids.

I wept when I read it.  I was convicted.  I was ashamed (not in a bad way).  I was humbled. 

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment