Thursday, March 08, 2007

Take THAT Fear

I have had major victory over fear this week. I know it to be true because the things that I was anxious about and fretting over a week ago, are now no longer an issue....I have had freedom!

Example a. Follow-up class to our women's conference. Last week I taught our follow-up class and it went great. Once again I had way over-prepared and had probably 50 minutes worth of teaching or more to fit into half an hour. So, this week, instead of worrying all week about finding tim to prepare for this week, or working on it off and on all week, I just took the evening this evening and it took about an hour or so, but I am ready for this Saturday's class! Wow, how easy is that?

Example b. Korea. I woke up a few weeks ago from a nightmare (see previous post about weird dreams) regarding the trip with my heart pounding and all sweaty. Some of this was my own sin, some of this was intercession for the trip that needed to happen, but I am completely at peace and more excited about the whole thing than I have been since we first heard about going. I think I will get even more excited once I actually begin packing (tomorrow). Right now it just seems really surreal.

Example c. New job. I am so over the top about this that I actually took some of my tax return money and bought a few new things to wear. Since I will be the first person you see when you walk in the door of the church office AND since it is an office setting, I thought I should be at least a little professional looking. Not every day, since it is still a pretty casual place, but more than I have been for rolling around on the floors with preschoolers. Also, I needed some spring clothes since last year's spring clothes do not fit me! I am about 20 lbs. below last spring's weight, and even about 10-15 lbs below last summer's weight, so summer clothes might be in the works as well. I do not even own a single pair of shorts other than workout shorts! I can't wear shorts in the office, but they will be nice to have.

In other news....Lora is getting ready to move out at the end of the month to start her own house. Kristy, who has been sharing quarters with me upstairs will get her room. Not sure yet if I will have someone move in upstairs with me. I might just go a while and have just the three of us. It is nice between roommates to have the upstairs to myself. Plus, I am looking into the whole remodel thing up there again. I know it sounds crazy, but I am seriously considering it. If I do that, it will be better to just have me up there. We'll see. Financially things are a bit different now then they were the last time I seriously thought about it. However, there is a guy at church who is a contractor (not the same one I looked into last time) and I trust him to give me a fair quote.

Spring fever has also hit me quite hard. I can hardly wait to get myself out into the garden again. I have done a bit of work out there, but every day I go on what I call my "garden tour" just to see what is blooming, about to bloom, or getting ready to put on a serious show of leaves bursting forth. I am itching to get some of my plants moved about, and do some pruning, but I am just enjoying the fact that it literally smells like spring. The other day it was 67 degrees here and clear and I just drove around with my windows down and the Mariner's on the radio (Spring Training game, but still!!) and I felt so great. There is such an appreciation for me this time every year. The days are longer, it is warming up, plants are blooming, and winter is coming to an end. I am not a huge fan of the months of Jan. and Feb. due to their gloominess, but I KNOW that I appreciate spring that much more because of those months. And I also know that for those plants to put on the "show" that they do each year, they also need those months to rest. Isn't it amazing how our Lord knew that even plants needed a time to rest. I could learn a lot from that!

Well, next time I post it MIGHT be after returning from Korea. We'll see. If there is any other big news, I might get a chance to blog, otherwise, .....Korea, here I come!
Erin

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of the way you are facing what the Lord is doing in your life, and I'm grateful for the Lord's continuous grace evident through all these things! Make it a great trip in Korea! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete