Wednesday, March 08, 2006

One Week to Go!

I don't have a ton to update from last week. It was a busy week and full of people. On Friday night we had a women's "conference." I put that in quotes because it was really just the one night. Several women spoke on the importance of friendships, and we studied the relationship between Naomi and Ruth. There is a lot to learn about their friendship both from Ruth's point of view and from Naomi's too! Then, about 25 women got baptised that night. It was incredible. After the conference my small group came over to my house for an overnighter. We ate a bunch of food and then watched Pride and Prejudice. Yes, my "movie of all movies" came out on DVD last week, and of course, I bought it. We stayed up until close to 2 AM. (for those of you who know me well, you know how much of an accomplishement that is for me). Then, got up the next day about 9:30, had breakfast and then went down to the waterfront to play. It was so sunny a beautiful, and we had such a good time.

Later that night, after my girls had left, a bunch of us went up to Seattle for Chantel's 30th birthday. It was nice to hang out with her, as I love her dearly. It was an interesting experience for me because when we were up there I was realizing that I was not having that much fun. I wondered if there was something going on with me, or if I was just tired from the night before. But, what I realized is that some of the girls that are Chantel's closest friends do not have the same sense of humor as I do! What they find funny/amusing/ or fun to do is just not the same as me. I think this is the first time I realized that! And, as I realized it, I also realized that it's OK! I don't have to be friends with everyone, nor vice versa. It does make hanging out with Chantel a little harder than other people, if those particular friends are there. It isn't that I dislike these girls, they just have a different sense of humor than I do, and there is nothing wrong with that. It just happens.

Anyway, I leave in less than a week for London/Harpenden again. I have done little to zero getting ready, and that is OK. I have some time this weekend to get it done.

Have a great week!
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment