Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wow, am I really going to resurrect this?

As you can see, it has been almost a year since I last posted and I had all intents and purposes of never blogging again. Nothing against blogging, I just really didn't feel like I had much to say anymore. The last year-plus of my life has been one of intense refining by the Lord and I come back to this blog and life saying "I know nothing." Perhaps at some point I will come back to this and write a synopsis of what the Lord has been doing in my life, but for now, I am sneaking back in.

I am concerned. I am concerned for the country that I love. I have become increasingly aware each week as the "doom and gloom" news continues to roll in, that something major is happening in America, and perhaps the world as well. I am concerned that this country is on the brink of something catastrophic, from which there will be no return. I am concerned about laws being passed or overturned or flat out ignored that erode the very foundation this country was built upon. I am concerned.

There does not seem to be a single area of life where the news is good. If one listsens to the economists, environmentalists, historians, military leaders, and many respected religious leaders, they are all saying the same thing. Things are not going to get better, they, quite likely are going to get worse.

What I am even more troubled by is the response the American public seems to have to these crisis: we look to men to answer our problems, we blame everyone but ourselves for getting us to this point, we gladly turn a blind eye to injustices that continue to plague the weakest and vulnerable, and we willingly hand over our lives and our rights to a government that has shown no ability to do anything good.

As a woman of faith, I have to ask myself a hard questions. Is America under judgement from the Lord?

I have avoided that question for a long time. I have told myself that we are a blessed and favored nation; that we were founded on biblical principals and surely the Lord would judge other worldly nations before ours!

It is exactly for that reason that I believe we are under judgement right now. Here is why I have come to that conclusion. As a nation we are by and large Pharisees! The very men Jesus spoke so harshly about, the very thing he despised the most is the very thing we have become. We speak of our faith, but our hearts are far from him. We are white-washed tombs...pretty on the outside but dirty on the inside. The church in America has fallen away from her first love and he is saying "I never knew you." We are no different than the Israelites who turned from the Lord and to the things of the nations that captured them. Prophets in that time had some pretty harsh words for them, calling them no better than harlots.

Friends we are the Pharisees Jesus spoke about. We are the harlot Israel....sleeping with the enemy to get something from him.

When will we repent? When will we cry out "have mercy Lord"? When will we turn from the things that this world has to offer and say "enough" and separate ourselves for the Bridegroom who is coming? When will we stand for what is right not for what is easy?

I truly believe that is the only thing that will save this nation now.
Blessings,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment