Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dreams...

Do you ever wake up from a dream that is so real that the feelings from it linger with you throughout your day? I had one of those last night and it has me really dis-combobulated today for some reason.

I am one of those rare folks who has dreams a lot. I mean like almost every night. Most of the time they are the ususal random assortment of things relating to my day. But every once in a while I have one that I call a "God dream."

What I mean by that is that the dream is so vivid and clear and the interpretation of it is so distinctly spiritual, that they can't be from anything other than the Lord. God speaks to me very regularly through my dreams. I always know when they are from Him because there is such a different feeling and sense about them. I have learned to pay a lot of attention when they are from Him.

Sometimes I think the Lord speaks to me this way because I am such a logical and analytical thinker that God has to use something totally the opposite of how I am wired to get my attention. Kind of sad, actually, that He must resort to my subconscious to speak to me at times. I am so busy over-thinking and using my own brain power that He cannot get through any other way.

Sometimes, like last night, I have a dream that has all of the feelings and clarity of a "God dream" but I am left wondering of the interpretation.

'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on everyone. Your sons and your daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams.' Acts 2:17

No comments:

Post a Comment