Friday, April 04, 2008

Beam me up Scotty!

Well, here I am in Scotland! My crazy adventure continues! I flew out on Wednesday and arrived yesterday severely jet lagged. I have this bad habit of not being able to sleep on the plane, and that bad habit continued. I was picked up at the airport by OJ and Suzanna McDowell and Pete Mahoney plus 1.5 year old baby Judah and 3 year old Ariel (OJ and Suzanna's kids). We immediately set out from Heathrow for a 7 hour drive from London to just outside of Glasgow.

Of course, with two kids it took a bit longer than 7 hours. I tried once to sleep and selpt for about 5 minutes so we pulled up to the YWAM base here in a little town called Seamill (RIGHT by the ocean) and I was very tired. I managed to stay up until about 10:30 Scotland time and fell right asleep once in bed. Then, slept til 11:30 AM!!!! I would have slept longer, but I knew that was too long already and I needed to drag myself out of bed and get my day up and going so I could sleep tonight at a normal hour.

This first day we have prayed for a few people already and then tonight we will go out to dinner with the base leaders: Dave, Bryony and Caroline. This trip is about a lot of relationship building and some praying for people. VEry different from other trips I have taken where it's been a lot more about praying than relationship building.

We will be in Scotland until the 20th of April and then head out from here. We are not sure yet where we will be going.

Some of you are probably wondering if my funds came through and the answer is no!! But, I am here in faith, believing that while I am gone they will come in. I have enough to get me through for a bit here, but will still be needing most of that first amount that I needed.

If it does not come through, I am slated to come back on May 1. If it does come through, I will be back on June 4. So, we will just have to see what happens with all of that!!

My immediate prayer needs are to get over jet lag! And, for the Lord to develop those key relationships that we need to meet while here!
Blessings,
Erin

1 comment:

  1. Erin!! Great to see your blog-didn't know you had one!! So glad you arrived in Scotland okay! Maybe part of your restoration process will be learning how to sleep while in a moving vehicle/plane!! Oh my goodness woman, I would DIE!! Please tell Pete we say hi! We are praying for the Holy Spirit to RAIN down on the YWAM base!!

    Keep us posted!

    Jesus Rocks,

    Gigi & Jeff McLaughlin

    ReplyDelete