Thursday, July 23, 2009

Supernatural Equipping

"If you only do what you're good at, you lose out on the opportunity for God to supernaturally equip you." -Mark Anderson

I wrote a couple of months ago about some decisions on whether to stay in Tacoma and be involved with a job offer (not the zoo) here or get involved with more missions stuff. This decision is now coming down to the wire. I will most likely have to make my decision within the next week or two.

To be honest, the job here in Tacoma is going to require of me things I feel like I cannot do. It brings up a ton of fear of failure in me. Some of this is healthy and good: the second I feel I can do something, I have no need for the Lord. When I think about doing this particular job, I feel like I won't be able to do it AT ALL without a miracle from the Lord. I am going to need a team of people around me, helping me, training me, on a team with me, guiding me and leading me if I do this job in Tacoma.

When I put the fear of stepping out into something so much bigger than me aside, I actually am really excited for this job opportunity. There is MUCH about it that stirs me deeply. This is a real opportunity to impact lives here in Tacoma in a significant way.

I don't know for sure what I will end up doing, but I do know this: if I do take this job in Tacoma, there is NO WAY I can do this without supernatural equipping.

Blessings,
Erin

1 comment: