Saturday, April 14, 2007

Where to begin....

It has been a few weeks since I last wrote and the main subject of this post should be "new job" since that has taken up a majority of my time lately.

Let me start by saying, I love it. I love the people I work with. All the guys at the office are great. I love being a part of what is happening at my church and being in the middle of everything. I love that I get to see folks from the church when they come in or get to talk to them when they call or write to them when they email. I also get to communicate with people from all over the world. For example, this week we had Freedom Immersion Week at the office and 30 people from all over the globe were there in the office. I LOVE that. I love that I got to pray with and for a number of them. I love that. I even actually really like the administrative stuff that I get to do. My mind just thinks administratively.

Whew, but boy, is it a busy place, and particularly this week, I have been tired! I have been on a steep learning curve with no training. I didn't mention this in the last post, but Gretchen, the gal who used to be the office manager at our church, had her baby three weeks early and I did not get a day of training before I started! I got about a half an hour lesson on how to answer the phones and slowly people have been showing me how to do things, but really....it's been just me from day one. I wasn't super surprised that the baby came early. In fact, I think my exact words were "Of course!" I just had to walk in like I owned the place and make it mine. In some ways it is nice not to have anyone to compare to.....everything is just mine to do how I see fit. So, I have been trying to slowly adjust and change some things to be my way....but it has been hard to fit some of that in with the other job duties. I feel like I am starting to find my groove there, but it will take a bit of time.

I will try to post more later.
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment